Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
The GDC require you to keep a full record of all your CPD activity for five years, of both general and verifiable CPD activity.
General CPD is activity that doesn’t meet all the GDC requirements but still reasonably advances your development as a dental professional.
Verifiable CPD is activity that meets the GDCs definition on CPD, it must:
- Documentary evidence that you have undertaken the CPD
- Concise educational aims and objectives
- Clear anticipated outcomes
- Quality controls
GDC recommended topics
- Medical Emergencies: at least 10 hours in every CPD cycle
- Disinfection and Decontamination: at least five hours in every CPD cycle and
- Radiography and radiation protection: at least five hours in every CPD cycle